Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sewing: Matching Mary Jane Shoes for Avery's Dress

So if you've been following me, you know for Easter, I made my little girl, Avery a beautiful dress and everyone knows with a beautiful dress, you have to have the PERFECT shoes to go with it. (nevermind that she's 4 months old and wants nothing in between her mouth and her toes!

So here they are! I took a pattern I originally found here because they looked simple enough! I knew I wanted the elastic to be the same ribbon from the back of the Ribbon Back Dress.

It did take a couple tries of laying out the fabric and cutting and sewing to make sure everything came together.

I ended up running out of time, so I used snaps on the inside of the ribbon instead of button holes. and to finish off the ribbon ends, I just took my trusty hot glue gun to the ends of a small cut piece of ribbon.
Then folded it over and around the longer piece of ribbon.

I love how they turned out (although I see in the pictures there's a loose thread I should have removed!) and of course, as soon as we were done taking these pictures, they were forgotten.

Maybe more shoes will be in her future??? Follow me and see ! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment