Friday, April 20, 2012

Craft: Felt Flower Hair Clips

Have you clicked on the Follow Me yet? Do it now! :-) ----------------------------------------------->


So now with all these new dresses, Little Girl needs some new accesories! I saw this tutorial for how to make felt flower hair clips, and couldn't resist! I used hair clips left over from making the flower hair bows, a couple dabs of hot glue and half a sheet of felt ($0.29) at Michaels.
The original tutorial called for just 4 peices of felt glued together, just like the light pink flower, but I thought why not get some more color in there??? So for the next one, I cut 4 pieces of hot pink and 4 pieces of light pink and glued them together first, then followed the instructions to piece it together. It took a little more glue and a little more holding it into place, but I'm really digging the results!
Enough so that I thought, Why stop here? So I made one to go with the Purple Bandana Dress.
For the headbands, the only fold-over-elastic I could find was on-line. And I am too impatient to wait! But while at Hobby Lobby, a couple weeks ago, I found this elastic lace. Its as simple as cutting a couple pieces to length, then hot-glueing the ends together to make the headbands. I think, in this picture they look a little like garter belts, but they are actually really cute on her head!
Hopefully, we can get a nice sun-shiny day soon and I can add some pictures of Avery in her new dresses and accessories!!




2 comments:

  1. Could you make a few extra and send me a few as props for our newborn phots? They'd be adorable on our baby girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy,
      I'd be happy to! You can e-mail me and we can discuss :-) bigcitynesting@gmail.com
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Kate

      Delete