Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cooking: Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Pastry (Easy)


I saw these on line, and wanted when my friend said they were hungry for something with bacon and puff pasty, I decided we had to try them for a get toghether on Friday night - Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed in Puff Pastry...YUM!

So first, I baked all the bacon in the oven at 425 for about 13 minutes. I had the bacon on a cookie cooling rack over a large drip pan to catch all the grease. (Make sure to open your windows for this part! once the grease got hot enough, it started smoking a LOT) Baking it all in the oven was definately a better option instead of cooking them it in batches on the stove...especially with a fussy little girl demanding my attention!

Then chop the bacon into little pieces, cut up some wild scallions from our window garden, and mixed with some whipped cream cheese. I cut corners with the puff pastry, and chose Pillsbury Cresent Rolls instead. I cut each triangle in half length-wise, and put a large dab of cream cheese filling in each one, then just rolled.

I was a little nervous about the cream cheese possilby melting, so I pinched them closed - but low and behold the powers of cream cheese, it didn't melt all over!

The result: Super Easy, Exceptionally Tastey Appetizers!

What you need:
1 package bacon
8 oz cream cheese
2 TBSP scallions/ green onions
1 package Pillsbury Cresent Rolls

And Lots of People to Enjoy Them!

No comments:

Post a Comment