Monday, April 9, 2012

Cooking: Pancetta, Mushrooms and Pea Pasta

I love this pasta! The original recipe is from Food Network, but I've since made modifications. I always seem to forget how much I love it, until something reminds me. This time, while making the bacon for the Bacon Cream Cheese stuffed Pastries, I thought, I have GOT to make this pasta for ME! (Hubby doesn't like peas or mushrooms) So I did!

Depending on how lazy I'm feeling, I'll use thick-cut bacon instead of the pancetta and start by frying it up (or baking) until crispy. Drain,  set aside, and in goes some mushrooms. Once they are tender, the tomato sauce joins the party.  I used to use the can-o-tomatoes to make my own sauce, but this time just used a jar of Prego because it was what was on hand! The bacon gets re-introduced to the pan, the pasta (I used mini farfarelles) and the FROZEN peas go in. Do not use canned peas, they'll loose their crispness!

Because Hubby doesn't enjoy this nearly enough (he'll eat it, it's just not his favorite) I make up a nice bowl for myself, then portion out the rest for lunches at work! I like to re-freeze the portions, because then when I zap them in the microwave, the peas are crisp again! Magic! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment