Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Crafting: Soap Making

Wednesday = Mommy Night!


So every Wednesday night, my wonderful Hubby takes Avery so I can work on all the projects I have running around in my head. (btw - how lucky am I?) Any hoo, here is what I worked on tonight... SOAP!

Goat's Milk Soap to be exact. I've been reading about the benefits of Goat's Milk Soap, and have been wanting to make some for a while now. I have severe KP,  Keratosis Pilaris and almost nothing works to sooth the bumps. I've gone to a dermatologist, who gave me body wash and lotion to use at $80! For one month's worth! But I bought a Zum Bar of Goat's Milk ZumBarSoap for $5.50 at a local Apothcary store, to see if it would work for me.

IT HAS! My skin is smoother, the bumps are calming down, and I love the smell of the Almond fragrance. (Maybe that might just be the Dutch in me!) But I'm a bargain-hunter, and crafter, so I thought of how fun it might be to make my own. Then I did the research, and deciding I'm not adventureous enough to work with lye directly, I bought a small batch of melt and pour from Hobby Lobby . I also bought some fragrances, and some fresh goats milk to add to the batch.


It litterally took 5 minutes for the mix to melt, and then about 1 hr for it to harden. I can't wait to use it and see if it works as well as the ZumBar. (I made these in a Honey/Almond scent) And 4 bars was about $5.


I'll keep you posted to let you know how it works!

And maybe next time I'll be brave enough to get my hands on some lye? Or I might just stick to pre-made bases, cause they are SO easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment