Monday, March 26, 2012

Crafting: Butterfly Mobile

I picked up some cute sparkly butterflies from the Dollar Store, and knew I wanted to do something with them!


I remember as a kid covering embroidery hoops with ribbon to make various projects, and there is a noticable blank space in our nursery, right above where the glider is. Every time I feed Avery, I notice her looking around as if to say "C'mon mom, give me something to look at!" So, here you go Avery!

I used some ribbon that was left over from our wedding. I love the color - Victorian Lilac, and I love the idea of using things from our wedding in things for her room. I know it's a little thing, but it's nice to look around and see things that were for Andy & me, that have now been re-purposed to be for Andy, Avery & me!






I've hung it in a temporary spot, and she can't keep her eyes off it! Its really neat when the sun hits the rhinestones on the butterflies, and sends sparkles all over the room!


No comments:

Post a Comment